Board index PBase Show and Tell 207th Show & Tell Competition: White or Whitish - WINNER

Show and Tell

207th Show & Tell Competition: White or Whitish - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
emmelafoto

melamed2

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:53 am

Thank you all for your white and whitish entries. I have enjoyed them all. There can only be one winner, but these were my nominations:

Christopher was the very first who entered this competition with this very nice Out of Frame work. Strong presentation.

From Mats this impressive statue. I was taken by the PoV and by the strong contrast against the sky.

The reflection so well seen by Troron.

Excellent timing and beautiful backlight by Allen.

The crop is well chosen. The hint of vignetting makes this one from Aaron so dramatic.

A white building against a blue sky: looks always good. But in this special case I like the way Walter used the curves in the building.

So difficult to get this right.

And now:
Third place

Suzanne, you have a great eye for gorgeous structures and lines. Excellent composition and the details so well captured.

Second place

Whitish on white is very difficult. Dima &/or Nelya did very well! The details in the fur and in the snow are very well captured. The composition is strong. And the focus is exactly right.

Winner

Excellent timing and composition. The water on the head so clear. And of course an absolutely beautiful moment!
The winner is Ehud Melamed.

Maaike

jose3344

Re: 207th Show & Tell Competition: White or Whitish - WINNER

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Our congratulations to the winners and all participants!
Very beautiful theme and many great photos!
Especially congrats to the winner! This photo has strong Holy Spirit! Bravo Ehud!
Thanks a lot Maaike for the second place! We are very glad!
Dima and Nelya.

pstewart

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:40 am

Bravo! Excellent photos by all! I had many favorites. Congratulations to the winners.

matsk

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Congratulation to the winner.

Appreciate that Maaike has taken the time to make comments on more than the top three.
This adds value to the Show & Tell competition at least for us amateurs.

Regards
Mats

sandiwhi

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Hello all!

Not sure what's happened to our first place winner. In the past, we've moved on to the second place winner, after several days goes by without a reply post from the winner. That would be Dima and Nelya, but they'll be out of town next week and not sure they have internet. I suggest that if our winner hasn't jumped in by tomorrow, we hand the next contest over to Suzanne, our third place winner. Does that seem reasonable?

Thanks!
Sandi

fishit

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:43 am

sandiwhi wrote:Hello all!

Not sure what's happened to our first place winner. In the past, we've moved on to the second place winner, after several days goes by without a reply post from the winner. That would be Dima and Nelya, but they'll be out of town next week and not sure they have internet. I suggest that if our winner hasn't jumped in by tomorrow, we hand the next contest over to Suzanne, our third place winner. Does that seem reasonable?

Thanks!
Sandi

I agree, two days maybe 3 but time is up now, 2nd place it up, choose a good topic.

jose3344

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:36 am

We apologize before you.
Our business trip became unexpected for us...
In our opinion Suzanne is great choice for the owner of following competition!
We hope she agree readily our suggestion!
Best regards. Dima and Nelya.
Last edited by jose3344 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

sandiwhi

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:27 am

Suzanne has agreed, and if we don't hear anything from Ehud by tomorrow morning (wherever Suzanna lives), she will post the next contest.

Enjoy!
Sandi

christophertravels

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:26 am

Thank-you for the honourable mention.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 207th Show & Tell Competition: White or Whitish - WINNER