Board index PBase Feature Requests Changing where new uploads appear

Feature Requests

Changing where new uploads appear

Request changes or modifications.
photokhan

Changing where new uploads appear

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:52 am

Just recently, I had an user making a comment in one of my galleries about something I never thought about:

For returning visitors to a large gallery, how do they know which are the new photos that have been added since their last visit?

I though a bit about this and decided that, from now on, I will upload new photos and re-arrange them to be at the top of that gallery, until the next significant upload and then move them to the actual place where I want them to be (i.e chronological order, in what relates to the shooting).

However, this also gives me a problem as, by default, PBAse inserts any new uploads to a gallery at in the END of that particular gallery. This means that, after the upload, the new photos have then to be moved to the top of the gallery (thank God for batch drag and drop :) )

Can we have an "Upload Option" feature where we select where we want our new uploads to appear in the destination gallery (Top, Bottom, Random) ?

Thanks!

PK

rsbfotos

Re: Changing where new uploads appear

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:57 am

photokhan wrote:However, this also gives me a problem as, by default, PBAse inserts any new uploads to a gallery at in the END of that particular gallery. This means that, after the upload, the new photos have then to be moved to the top of the gallery (thank God for batch drag and drop :) )

Can we have an "Upload Option" feature where we select where we want our new uploads to appear in the destination gallery (Top, Bottom, Random) ?

Thanks!

PK

Hello PK,

Go to any gallery,
Click on "Edit This Gallery" near top of the page,
Just below the bold gallery title look for "edit views:" and click on the word "sequencing",
See the choices listed under "Placement Settings".

Make your changes and click the "Update Placement Settings" bar.

Also see "Resequencing Tools" just below it.

These features have been available here for years.
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

photokhan

Re: Changing where new uploads appear

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 pm

10kzoomfz wrote:
photokhan wrote:However, this also gives me a problem as, by default, PBAse inserts any new uploads to a gallery at in the END of that particular gallery. This means that, after the upload, the new photos have then to be moved to the top of the gallery (thank God for batch drag and drop :) )

Thanks!

PK

Hello PK,

Go to any gallery,
Click on "Edit This Gallery" near top of the page,
Just below the bold gallery title look for "edit views:" and click on the word "sequencing",
See the choices listed under "Placement Settings".

Make your changes and click the "Update Placement Settings" bar.

Also see "Resequencing Tools" just below it.

These features have been available here for years.

Ok...my bad...never saw that :(

Thank you so much for your reply!

PK

Board index PBase Feature Requests Changing where new uploads appear