Board index PBase Show and Tell 217th Show & Tell Competition: Treatments - WINNER

Show and Tell

217th Show & Tell Competition: Treatments - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
sandiwhi

217th Show & Tell Competition: Treatments - WINNER

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:47 am

Thanks to everyone who entered submissions to this contest. I was thrilled with the quality of the photos and variety of treatments used by participants to create them. Even with fewer photos, selecting winners was VERY difficult. Everyone was a winner in this contest. A special thanks to those of you who gave us wonderful explanations of your editing process. I hope everyone enjoyed as much as me, seeing the very interesting entries and maybe learning something new about using filters and treatments to enhance your work. Here's the winners:

Honorable mention, in no particular order...

Wonderful texture and old photo look created here from Gill Kopy. Goes so well with the old coffee pot subject.

Great use of editing to create a super scary picture, Jojie! As you no doubt intended, really makes my skin crawl.

Marisa created such a soft look and enticing mood and colors in this pretty storeybook picture.

A lot of loving work went into this composite shot, creating wonderful texture. So much to enjoy about this beautiful pic from Kirsten.

Third Place
Not easy to deal with the whites of snow. Love the tonality, depth and interesting subjects in this beautiful scene. You've certainly made the most of Silver Effects Pro, Villjamix.

Second Place
I admit, this kind of treatment isn't what I had in mind, but wow, what a great result. Sounds like a lot of work, but worth the effort, Bernd.

First Place
The minute I opened this photo to full size, I was drawn into its texture, beauty and artistic presentation. The use of treatments here is artistically applied for a wonderful result. Beautiful work, Iris.

Congratulations Iris, and enjoy running the 218th Show and Tell Competition.
PS - had to use the old fashioned way to post the winners. I'll fire an email off to

irislynx

Re: 217th Show & Tell Competition: Treatments - WINNER

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:16 am

Thankyou So Much!! I feel Very Honored that you picked my photo, Especially seeing all the others that were posted were beautiful and well done!
Congratulations to all who had runner up!

gillk

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:38 am

Congrats to Iris and other winners - and thanks Sandi for the HM - I really enjoyed taking time to see what the other entrants had submitted and really appreciate those that share their "treatments". Great competition Sandi !
Gill

fishit

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Excellent choices Sandi, congrats to the winners HM

terrybowker

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Great selection of winners! Congratulations to all!

Terry

irislynx

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:12 am

Thanks All!

jojie_alcantara

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks for the HM, and beautiful treatments of the winning pieces. Congrats all!
"A photographer is nothing without his camera." - Eddie Cohen
http://www.kodakerdabawenya.com
http://www.pbase.com/jojie_alcantara

kirstenmary

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Thank you so much for the HM! Congrats, everyone!

Board index PBase Show and Tell 217th Show & Tell Competition: Treatments - WINNER