Board index PBase Show and Tell 218th Show & Tell Competition: Pet Portraits - WINNER

Show and Tell

218th Show & Tell Competition: Pet Portraits - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
irislynx

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:58 pm

A Big Thanks to all who entered this contest!! I enjoyed looking at all the photos. To me they are all winners, But, For this contest I can only pick so many so I picked which ones really stood out to me and it was VERY DIFFICULT at times to choose. It was fun and interesting to see how "You"as the photographer Viewed, Composed, And Shot your image. In these images, I have seen how Color, Compostion, Lighting, Clarity, Ect. helps make a big difference in photos, I hope you have seen it too and hope that it helps you in some way in your future images, I know it will help me in mine! Now, Off to the Winner, Placements And Honorable Mentions !! ....

Honorable Mentions ... No particular Order ~

Stuck On You ..

Really like the Simplicity of color and the composure on this, Very Cute photo too! I like the title on the original picture which says .."Darn It!!"

Great Dane Pup ~

Nice Coloring, Nice out of focas background which brings the black and white coat and intense blue eyes right out, Nice Composure!

Territoriality...

I like the colors, Composition, The way his eyes are focased on something other then the camera, And look at those paws!

The Doog ...

I really like this photo, Especially when viewed in Original size, It just pops out at you! Really like the background color which contrast's with his lighter coat and makes him stand out, And look at that face!

3RD Place ~ Tiger Cat ..

Beautiful Eyes, Love how the face just comes out at you and the rest of the composure blends back out of focus, Nice Clarity, Very Nice Lighting, Looks great and pops out , Especially when viewed in large size

2CND Place ~ Kaya ...

Bright color, Nice composition, Lighting, And Clarity, Nice catchlight in the eyes, It all comes together for a Brightly Intense,Composed photo!

1ST Place ~Winner ~ Funny Cat Semen ~

There is just something about this picture that drew my attention to it over and over again! I love the coloring of the coat and eyes and focased out background, The clarity of the eyes and the Expression of the eyes, The lighting of the image ~ It just seems to all merge together and make this photo stand out to me!!!

Again, Thankyou all for your participation in this contest! A Big Congratulations to the Winners!! ( 1ST, 2cnd, And 3Rd, And All HMs!!)

Congratulations Dima&Nelya, and enjoy running the 219th Show and Tell Competition!!
I posted the New contest and picked and posted the winners manually, Just as you do when normally posting a photo, If you have any problems with it though, Shoot me an e-mail and I will be happy to help! In the beginning, when you start, click on the New Contest button ( Top Left) and you can go from there, Any questions, Please feel free to ask!

jose3344

Re: 218th Show & Tell Competition: Pet Portraits - WINNER

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks a lot for 1st plase Iris! It's so unexpectedly for us .... we very happy!
We have to present generous gift to SEMEN!!! :)
Congrats to the winners! All shots superb!
This competition was great - we very love animals and pets.
We have a good night's sleep!!! (Moscow time at the moment)
About in 10 hours(morning) we will open new competition!

Best wishes. Dima and Nelya
(Sorry for our English dear friends :oops: )

heffa

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Thank you for the 2nd place nod. It's appreciated!

I'll be gentle when I explain to Kaya that she lost to a cat... :lol:

bclaypole

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks for the HM. Tried to get my dog to pose for a 'studio' shot this week, with little success!

mclew

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Congratulations to all the winners! And thanks from me and my kitty model, Jeremy, for the HM! I really enjoyed this contest all the entries were special.
:D
Margaret

irislynx

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Dima and Nelya, Your Very Welcome! ~ Semen is a beautiful cat and that was a beautiful photo of him!!

mclew ,Your Very Welcome! ~ Jeremy was a standout too, beautiful photo!

bclaypole, Your Very Welcome! ~Your dog posed so nice and he has such a pretty face, When you are able to get another studio shot, I sure would love to see it!!

heffa , Your Very Welcome! ~ Had to laugh at what you wrote!! Don't tell Kaya about the cat, Just let Keya know she placed well in a contest! .. Beautiful dog! I loved that pose and the catchlights in the eyes!!

Congrats to all of you! ~And Best Wishes to you all! ~Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! ~Irislynx

fishit

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:13 am

Thanks for doing a through job of looking over and judging the entries.
You made some nice choices, congrats 1ST, 2nd, And 3Rd, and the HMs

irislynx

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:40 am

fishit, Your Very Welcome!! ~And Thankyou so much!!

jojie_alcantara

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 am

Cats Versus Dogs aside, those were some tough decisions for you, and you've done well in choosing. Thank you for the wonderful HM, and congratulations to all winners. I could hug all your pets! :D :D
"A photographer is nothing without his camera." - Eddie Cohen
http://www.kodakerdabawenya.com
http://www.pbase.com/jojie_alcantara

irislynx

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:02 am

jojie_alcantara, It was really tough at points to choose, But, I just did the best I could and went with what I felt, There were beautiful photos in this contest!
Thankyou So much for the nice compliment! ~And Your Very Welcome for the HM! He was sooo cute and the title was great with it in the original photo!! Beautiful little furbaby you have!

attack_pug

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks for the HM Debbie! Dougal is such a character; he really wanted to know what was going on with me on my belly telling him to stay still. There were more than a few shots of him coming forward to see if he could help!

Cheers
Stuart (and Dougal)
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrious.

Comments and criticisms on my galleries more than welcome!

irislynx

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:51 pm

attack_pug, Your Very Welcome! He's got that look of being a quite a character! I wish I could have been there to see those photos being taken lol!!

Board index PBase Show and Tell 218th Show & Tell Competition: Pet Portraits - WINNER