Board index PBase Show and Tell 220th Show & Tell Competition: Appetizing - WINNER

Show and Tell

220th Show & Tell Competition: Appetizing - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
chasp

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Well the holidays were good, (and yet more to come tomorrow and Sunday), and I have gained no less than 5 more pounds...led by the inspiration of all the participants in this week's challenge. Thank you to all for participating, and again, my apologies in taking so long to bring this to a close. So, as is now tradition, here are the Honorable Mentions and Winners.

Honorable Mention

To Stuart, for a very different composition of the very simple basics; Bread and olive oil. There is no better way to start a meal....

....except for starting it with a good bottle of wine. Here Aaron graced our meal with perfect lighting, a wonderful reflection, and remembered to keep the bottle on its side to preserve the fine taste.

Of course, no meal is a true adventure without a little journey into the unknown, and Williams capture of a somewhat willing victim taking a leap with raw oysters after so many years of avoiding them really caught my attention.

Now to the winners!

Third Place
Every meal has a start, and every true chef knows that the start begins at the market. Bernd did a wonderful job of capturing that truism in the markets of Cartagena. What a wonderful representation of the freshness of the farm!

Second Place
Although I personally struggle with sushi, Lawrence does such a fine job in the presentation of this dish, I may reconsider my aversion to raw fish! The focus on the first spoon is spot on, and the wonderful use of bokah accentuates both the color and lighting. This really is a fine representation of a master chefs brilliant presentation.

First Place
Because I have always had a weak spot for pastries ( my last stop last night was an Italian pastry shop on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx :) ), First Place goes to Jojie Alcantara, for this wonderful display of confectionery delight. The colors, the composition, and most notably, the supberb use of depth of field, make this image a winner at every level.

Of course, as always, there were so many great submissions this week which challenged the selection process. My hat is off to all of you for such wonderful work. And Jojie, as they say, the ball is now in your court!

fishit

Re: 220th Show & Tell Competition: Appetizing - WINNER

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:55 am

Congrats to the winners and the HMs I liked the topic. On with the show.

jojie_alcantara

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:49 am

Thank you for choosing my entry as top win. Kudos to all who joined. Will post my next theme up at the New Year countdown this side of the globe. :D :D :D
"A photographer is nothing without his camera." - Eddie Cohen
http://www.kodakerdabawenya.com
http://www.pbase.com/jojie_alcantara

stuartjr

Re: 220th Show & Tell Competition: Appetizing - WINNER

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:45 am

Many thanks for the honourable mention! I'm hungry now, looking at those delicious looking cakes!
"The World is a book .... those who do not travel read only one page"
Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70G f2.8

Board index PBase Show and Tell 220th Show & Tell Competition: Appetizing - WINNER