Board index PBase Feature Requests A Next or Previous Feature?

Feature Requests

A Next or Previous Feature?

Request changes or modifications.
pinemikey

A Next or Previous Feature?

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:57 am

I've been here awhile and even though I never did a search through this particular board, I was wondering if there would be any development into gallery image viewing with next and previous arrows on either side of the screen (and maybe a home button under) in one of those flash driven viewers. Myself, I'm thinking the old click on the image back to the gallery with the itty bitty small next and previous links could do with some updating....and a flash engine could make it easier for Pbase programmers.

sthuman

Re: A Next or Previous Feature?

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:04 pm

You can use a CSS to make those tiny links to next and previous any size you want. As for Flash, it seems that Flash is dead, or dying. It wouldn't be a wise use of time for anyone to develop flash based features now. Better yet, more control of HTML5, perhaps through CSS?

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:29 pm

We'll keep the next/previous link style in mind when working on new gallery/image templates.

Thanks,
Emily

madlights

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi all...hadn't read this before I started the thread above...would it be hard also to implement using the arrow keys on a computer keyboard itself, along with this? Some sites do it, and it's so much easier than having to click on shifting rollovers when picture sizes vary, or go from horizontal to vertical. The arrows to each side would help though. Both to me would be ideal. Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Yes, keyboard navigation for previous and next photos is something we are working on adding.
-Emily

madlights

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:06 am

Thanks Emily that would be great.

Board index PBase Feature Requests A Next or Previous Feature?