Board index PBase Show and Tell 227th Show & Tell Competition: Urban Landscape - WINNER

Show and Tell

227th Show & Tell Competition: Urban Landscape - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
anthony

jlben

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Dear all,

Wow. What a wonderful set of pictures! Thank you all for giving me a problem - the right kind - when choosing a winner.

Some honorable mentions first of all.

Chris Lock's pano from the Top of the Rock. One of my own personal favorite views. Lovely light too, but it might have done better if it had shown more vertical information, ie had a second row of images been stitched below the first to show the height of the buildings at the front.

Maalke Hulzer's street art, Berlin. Very striking and god use of perspective.

Terry Bowker's Gotham City in fog. Gorgeous use of foggy night time light. However, I find the car with its headlights on bottom left a bit incongrous and distracting.

Third place: Jasja van Leeuwen's amazing pano of Auckland. Gorgeous when viewed large - if you're looking at this and haven't seen the original, do click on the link.

Second place: Bartosz Kotulski. Wonderful light and recession through the mist.

Winner: Juan Leon's gorgeous panorama of the Alhambra. The light on the clouds and building is fantastic, and the sense of place overlooking Granada with the hills in the background is really striking.

Thank you all again for your entries. Juan - over to you.

Anthony.

jlben

Re: 227th Show & Tell Competition: Urban Landscape - WINNER

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:30 pm

Thank you very much Anthony, it is a great honor for me :D

See you all soon...

Juan

terrybowker

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Congratulations to Juan and all of the other winners; many thanks for the honorable mention!

Terry

dapascha

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Hey Anthony - thank you for the 3rd place and the kind words on my picture. Congrats to Juan, great shot!

emmelafoto

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Tnx for the honorable mention and of course congratulations to the winner. A great picture.
Maaike

fishit

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:05 am

Congrats to the winners and the Hms .. it was a quality theme.

christophertravels

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Thank-you for the honorable mention. All the photos are great, and congratulations to the winner.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 227th Show & Tell Competition: Urban Landscape - WINNER