Board index PBase Show and Tell 242nd Show & Tell Competition: Fantasy, imagination and creativity. - WINNER

Show and Tell

242nd Show & Tell Competition: Fantasy, imagination and creativity. - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
mardoli

nickviv

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:33 pm

I’d like thanking all the photographers who submitted their photos.
I’m afraid I was not able to express my idea of the suggested theme properly and I take all the responsibility for every possible little confusion, since I’ using a language which is not my own.
By” Fantasy, imagination and creativity” I meant photos which displayed a more personal, creative, fanciful and original approach to classic subjects. In a way pictures which transformed a common, classic subject in something different and maybe a little fairy-like. I didn’t mean photos which had necessarily for subjects something related to the sphere of fantasy. The theme had to be applied to the way the photo was taken and composed, not to the subjects of the photo itself.
Nevertheless several photographers have submitted photos which fully satisfy the expected criterion and I was really delighted with the very high quality of nearly all the photos.
Once again it was difficult to make a choice.
My honourable mentions, in casual order, go to
Sandi Whitteker for this original revisitation of a classic night shot in a port enhanced by the” carpet” of reflected different light on the surface of the water;

John C. de Freitas for this creative textured work on a classic monument of New York City, the result is dramatic and even slightly sinister, but the image has a great original impact;

M. Hauss for this really different picture of an air balloon, which remind me of the atmosphere of a famous cover of a Pink Floyds famous album.

And now the winners.

The third place goes to Bernd Koenemann for this very elegant and refined “page” of a photo-book. The composition of the double portrait of the beautiful young lady is excellent and original, the quality is remarkable and there is a great dose of creativity, a deep attention for the aesthetic and an accurate search for meaningful details. I like the different atmosphere in the two panels of the photo composition, a nearly night mood in the left one and a warm golden light in the right one.

The second place goes to Markus Grompe, for this very well done experiment of levitation. I found in this photo fantasy, accuracy, imagination and a wink of humorous complicity with the viewer. Then, last but not least, the photo is technically very good.

And the first place goes to Nick Vivian for his amusing flying crab, which sums up in a single picture all what I expected from the them.
A pinch of humour, a lot of fancy, an imaginary story to describe, a different and personal approach to a rather classic theme, all put together with a great respect for photography, with excellent settings and respect for the balance of composition.
I hope the crab will feel comforted, after its a little perilous adventure, knowing it made the photographer win this competition.

Thank you to everyone and my sincere congratulations for your good work.
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

nickviv

Re: 242nd Show & Tell Competition: Fantasy, imagination and crea

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Marisa
many thanks for the win... I am delighted..
I'm also a huge fan of your work too... you have incredible imagination

The floating crab shot is one of my personal favourites, and I have it as a screen saver often.
People passing by often take a second look to try to work out what's going on.

... The crab was not hurt in the taking of this photo... if you look closely, you'll work out where I was holding him.

I will put my thinking hat on for the next competition

Nick
:D :D

m_hauss

Re: 242nd Show & Tell Competition: Fantasy, imagination and crea

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks for the HM and congrats to the winners :-)

Board index PBase Show and Tell 242nd Show & Tell Competition: Fantasy, imagination and creativity. - WINNER