Board index PBase Show and Tell 248th Show & Tell Competition: MUSIC - WINNER

Show and Tell

248th Show & Tell Competition: MUSIC - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
mardoli

terrybowker

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:33 pm

I thank all the people who have submitted their photos in this competition. Maybe the theme was not of general satisfaction and it has not been inspiring for many, but I have deeply liked the pictures I have seen.
It’s always a little embarrassing to choose the winners, because the criteria are simply based on the personal taste of a single individual. I’d like explaining my criteria which have contributed to my choice. I have given importance to the respect of the theme, of course, but also to the objective quality of the pictures and their accuracy and originality in the composition.
I have also followed my instinctive reaction and I have chosen the photos which have suggested me various emotions connected to the general feeling of music.

Honourable mentions in casual order
Jarek M

I have liked the spirit of this street scene in a special way, because of the dancing old man, who is obviously captured by the rhythm.
A very original approach to the theme.

Markus Grompe

The intense expression of the pianist and the beautiful reflection of his face in the piano cover suggest a deeply emotional identity of the artist with his music.

Maaike Huizer

I deeply like the effective composition of this beautiful picture, which conveys a deep feeling of emotion.
The violinist lives in his music, as if the rest of the world had not any importance and the photographer wisely excluded from the composition any other presence.

The third place goes to

Paul Dudley

I like here the originality of the approach to the theme and the elegant composition, the man is surrounded by music in a certain way and the gramophones have a nearly iconic value.

The second place goest to

Malcolm Niekirk

A splendid photo with amazing effects of light. The concentration of the musician is perfectly captured and the composition is impeccable and very effective. A remarkable photo which could be a perfect poster for a concert or also a book cover.

And the winner is

Terry Bowker

I was deeply impressed already at the first sight by this so graphically excellent and meaningful close-up scene, where the perfect details tell all more than too many words. Music is passion, music is communication, and music is a world of its own.
My congratulation, Terry, it’s on you now!

My best regards to all
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

gillk

Re: 248th Show & Tell Competition: MUSIC - WINNER

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Congrats Terry and other winners. I enjoyed your choices Marisa - and your choice of theme.
Gill

fishit

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:03 am

Great shot Terry, congrats to you and all the winners.

emmelafoto

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks for the HM and congratulations to the winner!!!
Looking forward to the next contest.

Maaike

terrybowker

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:49 am

Marisa,

Wow what a wonderful surprise! Thanks so much for selecting my image as the winner from amongst so many wonderful entries. Congratulations to all of the other winners!!!

I will have the next contest up shortly.

Cheers,

Terry

larpman

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:18 pm

Congratulations to all. I had picked another of Terry's entries as my favorite.

kirstenmary

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Great choices!!!!!!

rileypm

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Congratulations Terry. Were I the judge, the outcome would have been the same. I fell in love with the photo at first viewing. Excellent.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 248th Show & Tell Competition: MUSIC - WINNER