Board index PBase Show and Tell 252nd Show & Tell Competition: Altered Reality - Winner

Show and Tell

252nd Show & Tell Competition: Altered Reality - Winner

Announce and discuss your photos.
cits_4_pets

252nd Show & Tell Competition: Altered Reality - Winner

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Thank you to all the contestants with their creative altered reality. There were some excellent entries that I wished more HMs could have been rewarded to! The Honorable Mentions: placed in order of posting in contest. These were all very close & different techniques made it even harder to pick: (it was hard enough picking the top 3)There were a couple more that were so very close that I wished I could have given HMs as well. Some fabulous creations and tweaking.

"Bubble": distorted reflection in a bubble by Nick Vivian ( nickviv)

"2012 - John - Albufeira, Algarve: Portugal": 4 Images of same person with fabulous expressions seamlessly put together by John C. de Freitas (jcdefreitas)

"9" by Maaike Huizer (emmelafoto) colorful soft focus portrait child with wonderful expression and the sharp scarlet parrot

"09189274www-mangl-atAnd2more.jpg" by Erich Mangl (erichmangl) Nice composition where rope railing leads eye to the photographer whose camera pointing at a 'birdman' seamlessly put together.

"Inverted Bridge 1" by Jasja van Leeuwen (dapascha) amazing circle with nice symmetry looking almost like a face.
And for the winners...very very close!!
3rd Place: "Droste Effect on a Pbaser...."Terry Bowker" (terrybowker) very cool "Droste effect" repeating image

2nd Place: "Hybrid Chicken" by Markus Grompe (grompem) Chicken with human eye seamlessly done and the eye is looking towards where the chicken head is pointing making it look quite realistic.

And the winner is: irslynx A lovely composition with fabulous colors and sense of fantasy with the added bubbles. Nicely put together quite seamlessly.

Congratulations & again thanks to all the participants!
Last edited by cits_4_pets on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

terrybowker

Re: irislynx

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Congratulations to Irislynx! Flo many thanks for third place! Congratulations to all!

Terry

irislynx

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:07 pm

" Thankyou" cits_4_pets ( Terry) for picking mine as the top entrie out of all the beautiful and interesting entries, I am very happy and Honored!
Also for picking Altered Reality as the subject as it's one of my favorites!! Congrats to all the HMs and runner ups! Will get a new contest going soon.

irislynx

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Thankyou Terry!

nickviv

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:46 am

tks for the mention... :D

loving that mystical winner...

emmelafoto

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:51 pm

[PB-Image][/PB-Image] "9" by Maaike Huizer (emmelafoto) colorful soft focus portrait child with wonderful expression and the sharp scarlet parrot

This is the one:

Thanks for the HM.
You have chosen a great winner!! Congratulations to Irislynx!

Maaike

irislynx

Re: 252nd Show & Tell Competition: Altered Reality - Winner

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:32 am

Thankyou nickviv and emmelafoto!

Board index PBase Show and Tell 252nd Show & Tell Competition: Altered Reality - Winner