Board index PBase Show and Tell 253rd Show & Tell competition: The Use Of Light ~ WINNER

Show and Tell

253rd Show & Tell competition: The Use Of Light ~ WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
irislynx

253rd Show & Tell competition: The Use Of Light ~ WINNER

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:10 am

First, I would like to say " Thankyou" to All the contestants who entered, I really enjoyed seeing all of your photos!
There were some Really Excellent Entries and I really wish I could have given more HM's, Especially with some of the entries being So Close! It was Very, Very, Difficult to make a choice between them! Some didn't quite have what I was looking for, But, I consider them Outstanding Images regardless!

First the Honorable Mentions and then on to the winners .....

Life Saver ~ This image has nice lighting (and shadow) that brings the subject out! Nice Depth Of field and Very well composed!

Leopard ~ I love the golden light cast on the leopard's Shoulders,Neck, Head and Face. With the contrast of it's beautiful coat and the light of the reeds/grass to one side and the darker light on the dirt path on the other side, The Golden cast of the sun helps bring out the Leopard.

Laptop ~ The light on the subject makes this image stand out. I love the mood and expression of this image!

June 1st ~ The lighting on the subject makes it really pop against the dark background setting, And the reflection of the lighted lilie really adds to the image.

A New Twist ~ I like how the cast light displays on the subject in this image, From the bright side of light on the subject to the fall off from top to bottom, Nice composition and nicely done.

Third Place ~ Pretty Side Of A deadly Fly Trap ~ I really liked this image from the first time I seen it, The lighting on it makes it stand out, Also liked the the nice composure and color which really adds to it.

Second Place ~ Ray Of Light ~ Definately the right title for this image! Love the beam of light going down/bringing out the steps! It tends to draw you into the image! The color of the woman at the top certainly adds to this image, Nicely done!

And the 1st place winner is ~ larpman ~The Church Of La Ensenanza - mexico city ~ I picked this image as the top image because the lighting on the main subjects just totally caught my attention from the very beginning! It seems I just kept being drawn back to it repeatedly when going through the all the images. Everything about this image stands out to me, The Setting, The Mood it creates, The composition, The Depth, the Clarity, And Most Certainly, " The Lighting On the Main Subjects!" ~ A Great Image all the way around!

Congratulations to all Hm's and Winners!! ~ And " Thankyou Again" to all the partisipants!
Last edited by irislynx on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

cits_4_pets

Re: larpman

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:33 am

Great entries and all excellent choices. Congrats to all HM and winners.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

terrybowker

Re: 253rd Show & Tell competition: The Use Of Light ~ WINNER

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:05 am

Congratulations to Larpman an all of the winners! Thanks Irislynx for the HM! :D

Terry

irislynx

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 am

Thanks Flo :D

irislynx

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:33 am

Your Welcome Terry! That was an interesting idea with the life saver! :D

nickviv

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:05 am

thanks for 2nd... stunning winner !

irislynx

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:24 am

Your Welcome! Love that beam of light! And yes, larpmans photo 'Is' stunning and I'm happy that you agree!

pstubley

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks for the HM. The best contest is the one that is very hard to judge, but all good choices.

amoxtli

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks very much Irislynx for the HM! Great topic, entries and choices!
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

larpman

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:22 pm

I'm am having problems setting up the next competition.
When I original set it up the preview was correct.
However, after submitting, the content changed.
I'm working on it.

larpman

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:45 pm

I am still having problems trying to set up the new competition.

During my first attemt the results after submitting were different than those of the preview. I deleted and tried to start again.

The "new contest" button that was previously under the new contest button at the bottom, no longer appears.

I have tried using new topic, but is not the correct procedure.

I may have to give up and pass this on to to the second place winner.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

larpman

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:09 pm

I am very busy and will have to pass on the the honor of setting up the next competition.

irislynx

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Omg larpman, I just got on here now and seen that you were having problems, I hope you didn't already pass the honors along, I will try to contact pbase and see what can be done to help ....

irislynx

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:44 pm

I just wrote to Pbase and tried to explain whats happening, Hopefully they can help you out soon. Hang in there, It's ok if the contest takes a bit to get on here, People will understand, It's not your fault that it's not going through right. I was having the same problem when I was trying to post the winners, It took me about 4 tries, I thought it was something I was doing wrong, But, Now I see there is a Glitch in the show and tell sector, I hope it will be fixed soon.

irislynx

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:50 pm

pstubley , Your Welcome! ~ And your so right, The best photos make for the hardest choices. :)

Next

Board index PBase Show and Tell 253rd Show & Tell competition: The Use Of Light ~ WINNER