Board index PBase Show and Tell 256th Show & Tell Competition: "Black and White and Wet all over" - WINNER

Show and Tell

256th Show & Tell Competition: "Black and White and Wet all over" - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
terrybowker

tarasconnais

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:48 am

Thanks for all of the great photographs entered in this contest! I hope you found the subject interesting. Here are the winners beginning with Honorable Mentions in no particular order.
Honorable Mentions

Waiting for the Mercedes by "Chasp"

Certainly there is a story here; it makes one wonder... Great capture of the mood; the rain is also beautifully photographed as well as the drops falling from the umbrellas. Nicely done Charlie!
"Untitled" by Tom Sherry

I really love the composition, and contrast in this image. Nice work Tom!
"Untitled" by Arnie Peterschmidt

Nice sharp image with great contrast. I love the silhouettes and the reflections of the subjects in this photograph. Nice capture Arnie!

T H I R D *** P L A C E
"Yosemite-112" by Suzanne Mathia
I thought this was just a lovely image of this plant with drops of water clinging to the leaf. Nice composition and sharpness as well as good use of bokeh. Very nice work Suzanne!
S E C O N D***P L A C E
"69" by Bernd Koenemann
Excellent composition! I love the horizons location in the top third of the image as well as the placement of the subject, leaving room for the walk to the right of the image. Wonderful work Bernd!
F I R S T ***P L A C E
"FLOOD" by Michel Joffres
Well this image was entered just before the close of the contest and I must tell you in my opinion it is just outstanding! The flow of water seems very dream like; the rocks trees and stumps struggle to resist the onslaught of the flood. Wonderful use of long exposure! Congratulations Michel!

gillk

Re: 256th Show & Tell Competition: "Black and White and Wet all

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 am

Congratulations to Michel - and other winners. Interesting and fun competition Terry !
Gill

chasp

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:03 am

Teri, I totally agree. I was blown away by this image when I saw it. Michel, congratulations on the win. As good as all of the other entries were, this was head and shoulders above them all.

Chas

tarasconnais

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:40 am

Thank you Terry (and Chas and Gill), I am quite surprised as this is my first posting, and quite honoured given the quality of the images I have seen in this competition.
Michel

peterschmidtab

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:26 am

Thank you Terry for the honorable mention. Excellent theme and compelling submissions.
Arnie

nickviv

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:57 am

fantastic winner...

irislynx

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 am

Congrats to Michel ( Great Image!) ~ And congrats to all the other winners in this interesting contest!!

atucker

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:48 am

Superb choice for first.
-Tom

Board index PBase Show and Tell 256th Show & Tell Competition: "Black and White and Wet all over" - WINNER