Board index PBase Show and Tell 280th Show & Tell Competition: In The Garden - WINNER

Show and Tell

280th Show & Tell Competition: In The Garden - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
mangoman

jlben

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:12 am

Thanks to all the photographers who entered the contest. As usual you do not make it easy on the judge who has to decide!
I showed the photos to my wife, the master gardener, who looks at a LOT of garden pictures every day. She was highly impressed with the entries and did not envy me the task of choosing among them.

By opening up two dozen tabs in my browser and switching between the full sized images, I was finally able to whittle them down to these winners.

Three honorable mentions:

Touch Down in Wiltshire – Lacock4 by Gill Kopy

The invitation to walk down that path and explore the rest of the garden is irresistible. I love how the bicycle, with its flat tire, is becoming part of the garden.

Corellas – Cottesloe by Marcel de Jong

A comical shot. The bird on the bath has turned to one coming in as if to say, “Where the heck do you think you’re going to land?!”. I wonder what happened next. Superb execution.

Water Lily by Walter O. Koenig

Here the light seems to come from within. An elegantly simple composition and pastel colors creates a calm and relaxing photo, exactly what a garden is supposed to do.

Third Place
Quiet Garden by Dennis Camp

The dappled light and impressionist rendering of this inviting garden was hard to resist. Made me want to visit Lakeside Ohio.

Second Place
Bluebird Fledglings by irislynx

Simply the essence of spring, expertly captured. A wonderful shot.

First Place
Bud by Juan Leon

Several of the entries have a painterly light quality, none better than this. The excellent use of depth of field and rich but realistic colors finally won me over.
It's your turn Juan!

Thanks once again to all who entered. I really enjoyed looking at all the entries.

jlben

Re: 280th Show & Tell Competition: In The Garden - WINNER

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:04 am

Thank you very much Nelson, and thanks to your wife too :D

It is really a great honour to be selected among so many wonderful images, and congrats to the others winners.

See you soon,

Juan

terrybowker

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Congratulations to Juan and all of the other winners! Nice selections!!

irislynx

280th Show & Tell Competition: In The Garden - WINNER

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Thanks so much for second place! Congratulations jlben on First place and congrats to all other's who placed! There were some really nice photos entered !

gillk

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Congrats to Juan - gorgeous ! and to the other winners - and a big thank you for the HM - honoured, with all the great entries.
Gill

fishit

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:16 am

Thanks Nelson for 3rd, it is a special place to visit.
All good choices and congrats on winners and HMs.

kzaret

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:24 am

Very strong shots and great picks for winners!

amoxtli

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:24 am

Thanks very much for the HM. Congratulations to the Winners and everybody who took part.

Best Regards,
Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

Board index PBase Show and Tell 280th Show & Tell Competition: In The Garden - WINNER