Board index PBase Show and Tell 290th Show & Tell Competition: Nemophilist - WINNER

Show and Tell

290th Show & Tell Competition: Nemophilist - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
azicit

290th Show & Tell Competition: Nemophilist - WINNER

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Well this was one of the toughest choices ever. There really were so many wonderful, intriguing, unique and well crafted images that perfectly captured the theme of this contest.

Honorable mentions are

This image caught my eye immediately. Loved the moody, misty scene

Brads image of the Tree falls is just stunning. I would love to find these falls myself. The only critique I have is the over exposure in the sky. I would like to have seen this brought down a little as it diverts the eye away from those magical little falls.

Great scene of a moody swamp. The cypress trees and their reflections offer a different perception of Forest. Nicely captured

Arnie competed with himself on this one! Another great image from this forest

3rd Place - Bartosz Kotulski - Derroura
The meandering moss lined path leads your right into the deepest depths of this forest.
Beautifully captured scene

2nd Place - goes to Terry Bowker - Muir Woods
Loved the very subtle sepia treatment on this image.The tones from the deepest shadows to the brightest highlights are held gracefully. The composition really brings you into the image. I felt like I was about to take that next step into the forest.
The near/far depth of field and the retreating line of trees really pulled me into the scene. Perfect focus throughout!

First Place - Congratulations to Arnie Peterschmidt for his image Rays and Ferns
Wonderful composition, exposure and detail. Made me want to be there. Exquisitely captured

gillk

Re: 290th Show & Tell Competition: Nemophilist - WINNER

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:23 am

Congratulations to Arnie and all the other winners and HMs. That one would have been difficult to judge - I like your choices Suzanne.
Gill

larpman

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:12 am

Congratulations to all.

peterschmidtab

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:58 am

Thank you Suzanne, for the honor and an excellent theme. Congratulations to the other winners and thanks to all for participating. Now I need to get to work on a theme.
Arnie

terrybowker

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Thank you Suzanne! Very interesting contest and nice selection of winners! Thanks for the 2nd!

Terry :D

smithjim500

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:29 am

Thank you for the HM!! Great theme with some very good entries.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 290th Show & Tell Competition: Nemophilist - WINNER