Board index PBase Show and Tell 298th Show & Tell Competition: Soft Focus - WINNER

Show and Tell

298th Show & Tell Competition: Soft Focus - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
peterschmidtab

kzaret

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:08 am

Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit entries in this competition, I took my time examining all of them. It was an enjoyable challenge combing through and selecting the winners.
Best Regards
Arnie

Honorable Mention: Simple, perfectly executed and fun.

Honorable Mention: Beautiful and unusual sunrise or sunset reflection, the silhouettes of tall swaying grass are perfect here.

Honorable Mention: Great colors, an unusual floral subject, well composed with perfect depth of field.

Honorable Mention: This image took me back to family gatherings of my childhood. Most of the adults would find a comfortable seat, light up a cigarette and smoke while they talked.

Honorable Mention: Unusual scene, street light illumination I assume. The fleeing performer is captured in perfect motion blur, the juxtaposition with the seated subject is excellent.

Third Place: The boy is running, splashing, shouting having a great time free in the surf as if released from confinement (perhaps a long ride in the car), beautiful sunset with the sea, surf and beach converging into the distance.

Second Place: Great indistinct image Markus, the scientific-industrial setting, obscured reflections of the operators and the strange red color combine to provide a clear yet not clear sci-fi feeling image.

First Place: The strongest image entered in this competition. Very mysterious, a young woman looking serious and detached, is she fleeing or simply tired? The composition and blurring imply movement and a fleeting glimpse which adds greatly to the mystery and feel. Congratulations and good luck with the next theme.

kzaret

Re: 298th Show & Tell Competition: Soft Focus - WINNER

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:48 pm

Thank you Arnie, much appreciated and many interesting entries. The topic made me think about how important it is to let loose with photography and get away from the highly controlled, tight focus views I (we?) normally use. I will come up with a new topic by tonight.

gillk

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Great winning shot ! Congrats Ken and other winners - I really enjoyed the topic too.
Gill

metalfanatic

298th Show & Tell Competition: Soft Focus - WINNER

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Congratulations Ken for the first place! Congrats also to the 2nd and 3th one! All trogether well done :).

kzaret wrote: I will come up with a new topic by tonight.

How's about... infrared photography?

jose3344

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Great choice! Congrats to all!!!
Di N go.

jlben

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Great contest Arnie and congrats to Ken and the other winners.
I feel myself a winner with two HM, thank you very much Arnie!

terrybowker

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:14 am

Well done! Nice contest and congratulations to Ken and all of the other winners!

Cheers,

Terry

sandiwhi

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:39 am

Thanks so much for the HM, and congrats to the winners.

towlett

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks for the 3rd place finish! Wow, that feels nice! :D
Congrats to all who participated, many great images.

May I suggest "Motion" for an upcoming theme?

Board index PBase Show and Tell 298th Show & Tell Competition: Soft Focus - WINNER