Board index PBase Show and Tell 302nd Show & Tell Competition: Senior Citizens - WINNER

Show and Tell

302nd Show & Tell Competition: Senior Citizens - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
chasp

jcdefreitas

Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:39 pm

I apologize for being late on this, as I just returned from a business trip. I hate when work gets in the way of my priorities!

Every time I enter one of these contests, I dread the thought of winning because then I will have to judge someone else's work....and on this board, that is a tall order. But I have spent the last few hours going through all of the great entries, and have arrived at my choices.

Honorable Mentions, in order of their submission:

Gillk : Strength in age. I love the snow on the eyebrows and the intensity in this mans eyes. I don't care how old he is, I am not messing with him.

emmelafoto: Youth in age. Just a real sweet shot. "We are in love, and we wear whatever we want!!!"

peterschmidt: Friendship in age. Boys will be boys, no matter how old they are. Talking trash and watching for chicks.

Third Place: metalfanatic
This image scares me, in that several years ago, an elderly Alzheimer's victim was found dead in a corn field not far from where I live. He had wandered out of his daughters house and became lost. This image haunts me because is shows how terribly alone and fragile seniors can be. The B&W conversion and composition add to the sense of fear.

Second Place: Peter Schultz
At the other end of the spectrum is Peter's shot. It exudes life, spirit, confidence, and a youthful spirit. Her facial expression says it all, and the use of DOF and a little vignetting bring her all the more closer to us. I would love to meet this woman. She seems like a real pistol.

First Place: jcdefreitas
I really had a hard time picking between any one of the three images John submitted, but finally landed on this one. Johns overall photographic style is so appealing, and each one of his images captures the personality of his subject. But this one really stood out in it's composition, DOF, absolute crispness of focus, and post processing treatment. You can really feel the sense of history in the lines of this mans face, and his strength in the set of his jaw and intensity of his gaze. Truly remarkable work. I would recommend a visit to Johns galleries, especially his "People" section for a real lesson in stylized portraiture.

So, Thank You all for your submissions, and for allowing me the honor of judging them. And congratulations to John, onto whose shoulders falls the hard task of selecting topics and judging wonderful work.

Regards,
Charlie

terrybowker

Re: 302nd Show & Tell Competition: Senior Citizens - WINNER

Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Fine selection of winners Charlie! Congratulations to "jcdefreitas" and all of the other winners!

Terry :D

jlben

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:36 am

Congrats to John and all the winners, great selection.

I hate when work gets in the way of my priorities!
love this :D

jcdefreitas

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:45 am

Congratulations to everyone who accepted the Charlie's challenge.
Thank you for the honour of selecting my "Faces of Bari" photograph among the group of interesting portraits of a very important generation. The next theme will be announced shortly.

John de Freitas

peterschmidtab

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:45 am

Congratulations John and the other winners. Thank you Charlie for a great theme.

gillk

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:15 am

Love the topic - being one myself :) So surprised to see my husband up there when opening the page - thanks for the HM - we had a good laugh at your comment Charlie ! Congratulations to John and other winners.
Gill

schultzy

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:26 am

Congratulations to all and thanks for this second place Charlie !

metalfanatic

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:07 am

Love the topic too :) I'm surprised, and very happy about the 3th place in this competition :) This is my first prize, I got on Pbase!

peterschmidtab wrote:Congratulations John and the other winners.

:!:
peterschmidtab wrote:Thank you Charlie for a great theme.

:idea:

Board index PBase Show and Tell 302nd Show & Tell Competition: Senior Citizens - WINNER