Board index PBase Show and Tell 319th Show & Tell Competition: Your Favourites

Show and Tell

319th Show & Tell Competition: Your Favourites

Announce and discuss your photos.
jcdefreitas

Post Tue May 06, 2014 3:46 pm

_________oooÕÕooo___________
This contest is wide open, as I would like to view your favourite photographs. I want to feel your excitement and understand why these photographs are so special to you.
The most important aspect could be the story, the meaning, the feeling of the moment or the uniqueness that you have captured in your photograph.
These are some of my favourites

Looking forward to seeing your favourite photographs...........

John de Freitas
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Submissions will be closed on Tuesday the 13th of May 2014 at 15:46:32 UTC

Posting Photos for a Contest
1. Photos must be hosted on pbase.com
2. Maximum of 3 photos per contest.
3. Photos must be embedded in your post. See the following link for how to do this http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=18022
4. Post only medium versions of your picture using the PB-Image button
5. The host is not eligible for their own contest.
6. Any picture you've taken is eligible, regardless of date taken and camera, as long as it hasn't already won another contest.
7. You can do all the post processing you want.

Winning and Running a Contest
1. If you enter the Show and Tell Contest, please note the closing date and be sure to check back to see if you won.
2. If you win the Show and Tell Contest and cannot run the next one, please notify the person running the contest immediately, so they can notify the second place winner.
3. If you decide to run the next contest, please post the new contest within 24 hours.
4. When the contest ends, please post the winners within 24-48 hours. (If you keep an eye on entries during the week, you will have a good idea of your favorites by the time the contest ends, and be able to more quickly post your winners.)
5. If you know you will not be able to post a contest, judge it, and post winners, within these timeframes, please do not start one. Instead, notify the person running the contest, so they can pass it on to the second place winner.
6. Pick first, second, and third place winners. You may include up to 5 honorable mentions.
7. Include these rules in the body of your contest.

Competition History available at http://form.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42757

oldhiker

Re: 319th Show & Tell Competition: Your Favourites

Post Tue May 06, 2014 9:09 pm

jose3344

Post Wed May 07, 2014 7:46 pm

amoxtli

Post Wed May 07, 2014 7:59 pm

At first glance an easy competition, but after thinking about it a bit quite difficult to pick three from the archives, so I picked three recent photos of mine I like.

This has become the standard view of San Diego, but it's almost always pictured at or after sunset. This was taken before sunrise.

Taken last Saturday at a Dancing Competition. I liked her movement and exuberance.

Another sunrise image, at that short moment in time when the fog dissolves.
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

luxun54

Post Wed May 07, 2014 10:09 pm

I love the reflection of the lights and the pagoda in the still pond; the tranquility of the scene is, to me, very Zen.

I know EXACTLY what he's thinking at this moment: "The minute that guy with the camera goes away, I'm gonna jump down from this tree, and run across the floor of the safari lodge, jump up on the table, and steal that muffin!" And he did...

I like the partial reflection of the rock muted by the waves, and the dark rock silhouetted against the rich colors in the sky.

vj4000

Post Thu May 08, 2014 4:00 pm

Last edited by vj4000 on Sun May 11, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbladon

Post Fri May 09, 2014 9:41 am

Wow where to start, to make it easy here's three from a recent trip to Iguassu Falls and Rio de Janeiro

grompem

Post Fri May 09, 2014 7:01 pm

robinlew

Post Sat May 10, 2014 8:13 am

kzaret

Post Sat May 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Here are three that I recently framed and put up in my house:

rileypm

Post Sat May 10, 2014 6:19 pm

dapascha

Post Sat May 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Ugh, I hate choosing favourites... :)

A nighttime 360º panorama from the top of the Auckland Sky Tower.

April sunset in southwest France.

Two stork siblings on their nest in Amsterdam.

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Sat May 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi all, I can't choose among the photos of my newest gallery, they are so different and yet linked together
http://www.pbase.com/adalberto_tiburzi/zaha_hadid_maxxi
If I have to choose one it will probably be that one
http://www.pbase.com/adalberto_tiburzi/image/126072635
There is almost all of my poetic in that: the sense of light, the negative space, the transfiguration (things are not what they appear) and last but not least the pun in the title.
In faith
Adal
8) Adal

a_zeitler

Post Sun May 11, 2014 12:48 am

Love the true to life color of this image

A favorite from our trip to Hawaii. A close up panoramic with a long exposure of the base of a waterfall

I was inspired by the Oakley stock images at the time so I decided to recreate it in my own style
Nikon D200 MB-D200; Sony Nex-5n; Nikon 28-105 F3.5-4.5 D; Nikon 50mm F1.8 D; Nikon 85mm F1.8; Tokina 12-24 F4 DX AT-X Pro; Sigma 70-200 F2.8; Nikon SB800; Manfrotto 303plus; Lowepro Slingshot 302AW; Heliopan 77mm Thin Circular Polarizer

bclaypole

Post Sun May 11, 2014 11:15 pm

This was a 'show girl' for a local race. She only had eyes for her new love and I noticed it right away - finally got the "look" she had been giving her man (just off camera) all day.

The look, the determination, the passion... all wrapped up in 70lbs of fury! Priceless.

Just to the right of this shot, the train negotiates a 180 degree turn - ever heard that train wheel squeal? Ever heard a mile long train make it continuously for 10 minutes, in the middle of the night, three times? Man, my wife loves me!

Next

Board index PBase Show and Tell 319th Show & Tell Competition: Your Favourites