Board index PBase Show and Tell 320th Show & Tell Competition: The Weather - WINNER

Show and Tell

320th Show & Tell Competition: The Weather - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
amoxtli

bartoszkotulski

Post Fri May 23, 2014 7:03 pm

I realized I had picked a difficult topic when I posted the Challenge, but I also realized that a wide variety of images would be posted. I was not wrong and a decision was difficult for me to make as every image posted was good.

Honorable Mentions:

Chris Bladon: Really shows the effects of the weather on these football players. Great tones with this processing.

Chris Lock: Really nice perspective with this "island" of trees and fog all the way to the horizon.

Maaike Huizer: Great perspective with the this line of trees disappearing an the snow coming down at this angle. Really conveys the scene well.

Third Place: Arnie Peterschmidt: The more I look at this image, the more I like it. The placement of the house is really nice and I really like the tones and perspective.

Second Place: Dennis Camp: Great shot of the ferry in this steam like fog. The man standing with this pose, the figure in the wheel house and the tops of the trees all really contribute.

First Place: Bartosz Kotulski: An amazing photograph with these colors in the sky and then also reflected. Really like all the light sources, the subject matter and detail. Nice placement of the waterline too!

Congratulations, it's up to you now Bartosz.
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

terrybowker

Re: 320th Show & Tell Competition: The Weather - WINNER

Post Fri May 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Nice contest! Congratulations to all of the winners; very nice selections... :)

Terry

chasp

Post Fri May 23, 2014 8:31 pm

One of the things I like most about these competitions is the exposure it gives to artists whose work I may never come across....if not for here. I have never seen Bartosz Kotulski's page before, and I am not sure why, as he has well over a million hits. His winning image is just a small example of the great work I found when I went there after seeing his winning entry. He is now on my "Favorites" list. Just beautiful work, not only in landscape but even more so in portrait work. A versatile and well accomplished photo artist. Congratulations to Bartosz and all of the winners. And to Walter for a fine choice of topics, and an equally fine job of judging.

Charlie

fishit

Post Sat May 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Congrats to all and thanks for the second place nod Walter.

peterschmidtab

Post Sun May 25, 2014 4:05 am

Thank you Walter for third place. Excellent theme choice and variety of entries.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 320th Show & Tell Competition: The Weather - WINNER