Board index Photography Artistic Questions shooting actors head shots

Artistic Questions

shooting actors head shots

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
souleye

shooting actors head shots

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:00 am

after a lackluster year at the studio in takoma park, I decided to move. my move was more dictated by the fact the artist next door was making a noise that was unbearable to me and I was unsuccessful in getting him moved. a lady friend told me of a seamstress who had an empty basement that I could rent on 14th street. it was a huge space and what I was paying was about equal to the rent at takoma park. soon enough, I had my first client - an actor who needed headshots. he had booked a shoot for 10 am - early for someone like me who's not a morning person. I came a few minutes late, which I hate to do. client had already arrived and was waiting for me. he was a good looking young man, well built. I learned that he was a dancer and trying to get his hand at acting. I had done only one actors headshots session before and it was in studio but with the many years experience shooting all types of portraits, I was confident I'd pull it off. my technique is to start making my client comfortable. I didn't have any music but you can create a relaxed and friendly atmosphere through conversation. and create an illusion of frantic speed.

Board index Photography Artistic Questions shooting actors head shots