Board index PBase Show and Tell 330th Show & Tell Competition: Expanding your in-camera capabilities - WINNER

Show and Tell

330th Show & Tell Competition: Expanding your in-camera capabilities - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
kzaret

vj4000

Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:45 pm

Topic: Expanding your in-camera capabilities:

It could have been due to the dog days of August or an unpopular topic, or both, but we don't have many entries in this week's contest. Regardless, I remain intrigued by how the latest cameras allow you to take pictures that were unimaginable not that long ago. Looking over the entries, I was most impressed with the interior low light shots, as seen below:

Honorable mentions:

Markus Grompe's ISO8000 shot of a lit cigar and apples is a bit busy but glows so nicely:

Chas' shot of a musician at ISO4000 was lit well and had nice punch:

3rd Place:
While Arnie Peterschmidt's photo below doesn't reflect how the new technologies can retain sharpness, it does reflect the ability to shoot when he couldn't have previously. I just like the image:

2nd Place:
Chris Bladon says that his striking shot of this toucan made it onto a 2 page spread in a travel magazine. Good enough for me too!

1st Place:
It's hard to believe how well Vijay's ISO 12,800 shot came out; this perhaps best exemplifies what these new cameras can do, along with good technique on the part of the photographer. The high ISO and wide open shot allowed the shutter speed necessary to capture the man and his context:

Vijay, your turn!

chasp

Re: 330th Show & Tell Competition: Expanding your in-camera capabilities - WINNER

Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks so much for the HM. I felt all along that Vijay's image was the hands down winner. Good choice, and congrats to all.

gillk

Re: 330th Show & Tell Competition: Expanding your in-camera capabilities - WINNER

Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Great winning shot - and congrats to other winners and HMs.
Gill

vj4000

330th Show & Tell Competition: Expanding your in-camera capabilities - WINNER

Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:23 pm

Many thanks for the honor of first place. These cameras have indeed expanded the capabilities, along with fast zooms like the Canon f2.8 70-200 II I used in this shot.
On a careful examination of the shot in the computer, I was in fact surprised to find the swarm of mosquitos over the head of the sadhu.
Some beautiful entries in this competition. Congratulations to the winners and everyone who participated.
I shall post the new competition soon.
Regards
Vijay

cbladon

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:11 am

Thanks for the second place Ken. Well done to all the rest and to Vijay for another excellent entry and deserving winner.

fishit

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Good choice for the winner Ken, and congrats to other winners and HMs.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 330th Show & Tell Competition: Expanding your in-camera capabilities - WINNER