Board index PBase Show and Tell 338th Show & Tell Competition: The importance of composition - WINNER

Show and Tell

338th Show & Tell Competition: The importance of composition - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
mardoli

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:20 pm

I’d like to thank all the talented photographers who posted their entries.
It was difficult to make a choice, because I have seen several photos which I liked in a special way.
Of course the final choice depends only on my personal taste and can be fully questionable.

Three honourable mentions in casual order
Jeff D

John C. de Freitas

Allen Hart

Third Place
Chris Bladon
I like the way this picture matches the theme of the competition. It shows how an original composition can make original also one of the most photographed subjects.
Maybe a slightly closer crop would have made the composition even better. But it’s a detail.
I really like the idea and the harmony of hues too.

Second Place
Marcel de Jong
A perfectly balanced composition where every element of the image is important and complementary with the others.

First Place
John Barreiro
I like this photo for many reasons, but keeping my judgment only to the theme, I might say I was impressed by the effective elegance of composition.
The empty street with only the presence of a young woman with a child and a bird, perfectly framed by the porch, the angle.
There is nothing superfluous, nothing too redundant, but at the same time it’s a picture full of interesting details.
My congratulations, John!

ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

vj4000

Re: 338th Show & Tell Competition: The importance of composition - WINNER

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Congratulations to all the winners. A wonderful topic and a great learning experience for me.
Regards
Vijay

terrybowker

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:08 am

Congratulations to all of the winners; great subject and very nice selection of winners!

Terry

allen_hart

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:00 am

Thanks for the honorable mention. I really like your choice for the winner. I thought it was a stand out when I looked through the entries. Congrats to all the other winners.

larpman

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 am

Thank you, Marisa. The winning photo was the last one I picked. In fact I had another chosen and just before hitting submit, I thought about the topic and replaced it. Congratulations to all of the other winners. I'll set up the next contest up soon.

fishit

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:56 am

Congratulations to all of the winners....

Board index PBase Show and Tell 338th Show & Tell Competition: The importance of composition - WINNER