Board index PBase Show and Tell 355th Show & Tell Competition: Bubbles - WINNER

Show and Tell

355th Show & Tell Competition: Bubbles - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
mt_wallet

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:36 am

Thank you for submitting all these fine images. Being unaccustomed to photography judging, there was no easy way for me to select a winning lineup from the provided captures. I have done my very best to choose the best of the submissions as I see them with the limited knowledge I have.

WINNER

I like everything about this image, the low PoV, the subdued lighting, the DoF, the composition and the almost duotones. I particularly like the fashion in which these bubbles are portrayed by an effervescence spout of life giving water.

RUNNER UP

This image appealed to me right from the off. The colours, the Dof, the watchful child seated on her father in the background and the wonderfully sharp cluster of bubbles in the foreground. However I am distracted by the machine (possibly a bubble maker?) to the left and for this reason alone I gave you second place and not the first placing I wanted to award to you.

SECOND RUNNER UP

I laughed out loud at this image, a scene played out in my kitchen sink thrice daily, even down to the colour and configuration of the vessel and the mass of sink suds.

I have refrained from giving any honourable mentions because all the remaining images were worthy of merit. Have a wonderful Easter, thank you and God bless.

metalfanatic

Re: 355th Show & Tell Competition: Bubbles - WINNER

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:38 am

Hi, thank you soo much! It's a very great honor for me! :)
And it's a pleasure to me to start the next competition! :D

Regards,
Walter

jeanb

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:20 pm

Thanks for 2nd place. Unfortunately it was impossible to get the shot I wanted without the machine but I liked it anyway.

Congratulations Walter, looking forward to next competition.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 355th Show & Tell Competition: Bubbles - WINNER