Board index PBase Show and Tell 366th Show & Tell Competition: Where the clouds meet land... - WINNER

Show and Tell

366th Show & Tell Competition: Where the clouds meet land... - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
kazmierczyk

366th Show & Tell Competition: Where the clouds meet land... - WINNER

Post Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:25 pm

Many thanks to almost thirty photographers who took part in the 366 S&T contest.

Judging this contest proved a bit tricky. Many among the excellent submissions show very beautiful sky and clouds :shock: Much as I like them, and wish I could find myself in such places at the moment when the pictures were taken, in selecting contest winners I kept to those photos that stayed on the topic, which was the INTERACTION between the clouds and land.

First place goes to Sam Rua and his September thunderstorm.

I was asking for interaction between the clouds and the earth, and boy, interaction it is. This photo is surreal! And it grows on you the more you look at it. Do drop by Sam's gallery to see the rest of his thunders - what a collection. Congratulations Sam!

Second place goes to Allen Hart, for the simple elegance and elegant simplicity of this tranquil photo.

Third place to Ken Zaret for this amazing find. It looks almost three dimensional. Plus, the organized chaos of these clouds and the composition caught my eye instantly. You must have been flying really high….

Then, three honourable mentions:

*** Andrzej Zmuda - very brooding, dramatic shot. I love the composition, and the aggressive, almost predatory looking peaks. If there is hell, it probably looks a bit like this. Also, judging from your whole gallery, you must have made quite an effort to take this shot. Bravo!

*** Terry Bowker – for this eternal classic, minus the usual snow cap :) I love the compo overall, and the thin veil on the down wind side of the peak

*** Markus Grompe – for this beautiful illustration how dense local fog can be – and vice versa. And what it can do to a city...

Again, thank you very much to all participants, and Sam, now you !

amoxtli

Re: 366th Show & Tell Competition: Where the clouds meet land... - WINNER

Post Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Great topic, great entries and a well deserved win by Sam.
Regards,
Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

gillk

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:42 am

Great winning shot - "interaction" for sure. Congratulations to all winners and HMs.
Gill

allen_hart

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:26 am

Thanks very much for the second place.

Congratulations to all the winners.

terrybowker

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:06 am

Great selection for the winning shot! Congratulations to all and many thanks for the HM!

Terry

jcdefreitas

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:51 am

A stunning first place winning photograph.
Great topic and a great selection of winning photographs.
Congratulations to all winners and also to all participants.

John de Freitas

peterschmidtab

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:20 am

First rate S & T competition, excellent theme and entries. Congratulations to Sam and the other winners, well deserved.

kzaret

Post Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:56 pm

Great choice for the winner, a truly impressive photo. Thanks very much for the third place. An interesting concept for a contest!

fishit

Post Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:04 pm

Great idea for a theme, congrats to the winners one and all.

pegsam

Post Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:25 pm

My apologies for being late to the discussion. Wow. Thanks very much for being picked as the winner, and thanks to all for the very kind comments. Kudos to Pawel for selecting a very interesting theme for this S&T. I think that all of the entries that Pawel highlighted are super shots and really hit the essence of the theme remarkably well. So now I have to put my thinking cap on and come up with something unique for the next competition. Again, thanks very much.

- Sam
http://www.pbase.com/pegsam

Board index PBase Show and Tell 366th Show & Tell Competition: Where the clouds meet land... - WINNER