Board index PBase Show and Tell 433rd Show & Tell Competition: Bottles - WINNER

Show and Tell

433rd Show & Tell Competition: Bottles - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
grompem

ee66

Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Fun contest, although I have to say that our Show & Tell has the severe dwindles... It would have been nice to see more entries...

Honorable mentions in no particular order:

All 3 entries by Enrico were excellent. the light and mystery in this image were very intriguing.

this shot is slightly blurry - unfortunately - and could be cropped a bit, but its well seen and the story of that bottle almost certainly would be interesting to hear...

love a good shot - of irish whiskey. nice framing. leaving just enough of the bottle to make the image interesting.

I really like this shot. It could benefit from a bit of post-processing (more contrast) and is too large in the "original" to fit onto a computer screen. However, the PoV is really interesting and the bottles are front and center, although they are small. Well seen.
3rd place:

Great composition with the blinds showing through the neck of the bottle. a typical KZ abstract.

2nd place:

Clear winner. Great composition. Beautiful progressive lighting with a mystery glow on the lowest row of bottles.
1st place winner: h

kzaret

Re: 433rd Show & Tell Competition: Bottles - WINNER

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:14 am

Unusual topic Marcus. Thanks for the second-place and congrats to the winner, who had a very intriguing photo.

gillk

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:41 am

Congrats to winners and HMs - neat topic - fabulous winning shot !

todd_port

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:44 am

Nice Topic. Very nice photographs. As for the bottle placed in the hotel sign. Shot in 1980 in Portland Oregon on Burnside. The area now gentrified, but it used to be skid row. I used an Exakta VXIIa and a lot of luck (no light meter). Fortunately, I was not a tenant in that Hotel or the drinker. It's quite thrilling to see this picture get a honorable mention.

peterschmidtab

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:46 am

Congratulations Enrico, a well deserved win. Thanks Markus for the HM and a good theme.

ee66

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:20 am

Thanks Marcus!
My compliments to all participamt: lots of nice shots.
I'm scratching my head to fina a new topic...

E.

amoxtli

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:11 pm

Unusual and well chosen topic. A lot of fine entries. The winning image was a great choice.
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

Board index PBase Show and Tell 433rd Show & Tell Competition: Bottles - WINNER