Board index PBase Show and Tell 491st Show & Tell Competition: Get close, Macro Photography - WINNER

Show and Tell

491st Show & Tell Competition: Get close, Macro Photography - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
peterschmidtab

kzaret

Post Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:02 pm

Thank you to everyone who entered their photos in this competition. It's interesting and fun seeing the interpretations of the theme and then carefully examining them all.

Honorable Mention: Walter Koenig

Honorable Mention: Jarek M

Honorable Mention: Gill Kopy

Third Place is Luxun54's Austria Sunflowers photo. Wonderful details that one might not otherwise notice, nicely composed using depth of field and symmetry.

Second Place is Jola Dziubinska's cactus photo. One can't look at this without flinching a little bit at the cruel spines. The perspective and depth of field are very effective.

First Place is Ken Zaret's great photo of an unique timepiece. The photo perfectly captures all the fine details and the lighting is superb.

jarekm

491st Show & Tell Competition: Get close, Macro Photography - WINNER

Post Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:38 pm

Congratulations to the winners and thanks for HM, especially for a photo taken with a 2 megapixels camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ1. It proves again that equipment is not everything.
Jarek
Last edited by jarekm on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

jolka

Re: 491st Show & Tell Competition: Get close, Macro Photography - WINNER

Post Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:28 am

Thank you for the 2nd place, congratulations to all the winners.

gillk

Post Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:04 am

Congrats to the winners and thanks for HM Arnie :) Such a great topic and nice to see so many super entries.

kzaret

Post Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:34 pm

There were phenomenal macro shots of the natural world in this contest; I sincerely feel honored here. Thanks Arnie for the first place - I didn't think the watch shot would have a good chance. However I did spend a lot of time getting that shot, particularly the lighting vs. the reflective surfaces and the right tripod position. The Canon 24-105 lens, used to take the shot, has a macro function which has come in handy numerous times. I will set up the new contest today.

amoxtli

Post Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Good choice of topic, there were so many great submission. Congratulation to the winners and all participants. Thanks for the HM.

Regards,
Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

luxun54

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:11 am

Thank you for 3rd Place. I recall pulling the car off the road, and diving into a field of sunflowers with my tripod to get that shot. )))

Board index PBase Show and Tell 491st Show & Tell Competition: Get close, Macro Photography - WINNER