Board index PBase Show and Tell 543rd Show & Tell Competition: Favourite places...

Show and Tell

543rd Show & Tell Competition: Favourite places...

Announce and discuss your photos.
mardoli

Post Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:40 am

It was difficult to find a topic for a new competition.
So many subjects have already been suggested in the past.

I hope you'll be inspired by my idea.

I'd like to see pictures of your favourite places.
It may be a corner of your garden or your home, a town, a natural environment, a café…It's on you.
Show me places where you feel well, where you have positive emotions, it doesn't matter if they are popular or secret.

As always, I'll appreciate not only the theme, but also the way the photos are composed and taken.

I'll include a few of my pictures showing some of my favourite places as example.

Thank you for joining this competition.

Submissions will be closed on Thursday the 5th of March 2020 at 8:40:04 UTC

Posting Photos for a Contest
1. Photos must be hosted on pbase.com
2. Maximum of 3 photos per contest.
3. Photos must be embedded in your post. See the following link for how to do this http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=18022
4. Post only medium versions of your picture using the PB-Image button
5. The host is not eligible for their own contest.
6. Any picture you've taken is eligible, regardless of date taken and camera, as long as it hasn't already won another contest.
7. You can do all the post processing you want.

Winning and Running a Contest
1. If you enter the Show and Tell Contest, please note the closing date and be sure to check back to see if you won.
2. If you win the Show and Tell Contest and cannot run the next one, please notify the person running the contest immediately, so they can notify the second place winner.
3. If you decide to run the next contest, please post the new contest within 24 hours.
4. When the contest ends, please post the winners within 24-48 hours. (If you keep an eye on entries during the week, you will have a good idea of your favorites by the time the contest ends, and be able to more quickly post your winners.)
5. If you know you will not be able to post a contest, judge it, and post winners, within these timeframes, please do not start one. Instead, notify the person running the contest, so they can pass it on to the second place winner.
6. Pick first, second, and third place winners. You may include up to 5 honorable mentions.
7. Include these rules in the body of your contest.

Competition History available at http://form.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42757
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

stevemaz

Re: 543rd Show & Tell Competition: Favourite places...

Post Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:12 pm

amoxtli

Post Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:48 pm

Every Saturday morning I go to the Farmers Market and to the Fish Market. This is the view I have on the way. Never the same, and always beautiful!

The ocean is a favorite place. There's nothing like being out on the ocean and seeing a sailing ship.

This is where I walk around sunrise almost every weekday morning. Quite, peaceful and beautiful, especially when there is a colorful sunrise.
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

gillk

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:46 am

Francois Lake - where my heart resides !

The aspen woods in northern British Columbia, especially in the fall.

The parks in West Vancouver

Gill

grompem

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:30 am

my backyard deck...

my hometown Heppenheim, Germany

Pauanui Beach, our New Zealand vacation spot

kzaret

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:34 pm

My favorite place is Wellfleet, Cape Cod, Massachusetts, for our summer family trip in August. We unplug and spend most of the time outdoors.

Watching the sunset with cocktails at the bay beach:

Sunset, Wellfleet Harbor:

Photo shoots at dawn, which I follow with an unhealthy breakfast at a diner before everyone else in my family wakes up:

peterschmidtab

Post Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:32 am

Anywhere I can spend an evening sitting at a campfire.

My home

Seaside Oregon where my extended family gathers to spend time together every year.

sylvester

Post Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:36 pm

Vancouver

Seattle, Freeway Park

New Orleans: Robert E. Lee Was Here

jolka

Post Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:41 pm

Monument Valley, Arizona - it has been my dream to come here since I saw it in the movie "Stagecoach" starring John Wayne. The real place is amazing!

My favorite place in Poland - in the South-East region of our country. I guess I photographed it dozens of times :)

My favorite place in Warsaw is the Castle Square and Old Town.

cits_4_pets

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:11 am

Peacock Hall - Rossmoor's theater, just last night they showed Eye on the 60s: The Iconic Photography of Rowland Scherman. Great place to learn or get away from reality watching films.

My fave place to be inside my condo, love sitting by the window beading being distracted by the wild birds...so relaxing...

I love nature and riding the trails of East Bay Regional Parks on my Arabian mare, favorite view is looking through her ears.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

Board index PBase Show and Tell 543rd Show & Tell Competition: Favourite places...