Board index PBase Show and Tell 588th Show & Tell Competition: Here Comes the Sun - WINNER

Show and Tell

588th Show & Tell Competition: Here Comes the Sun - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
kzaret

schultzy

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:06 am

Great to see so many people enter so many wonderful images. Every entrant had great shots. In selecting favorites for this contest, I first focused on indirect views of sunlight, rather than a head-on view of a sunrise or sunset, and where the sunlight was strikingly the focus of the image. But some of the shots into the sun were too good to pass up. It was very tough to choose winners and many of them could be considered as such.

Jarek M. The interior glow from the sun is beautifully captured here. You can feel the quiet moment at the end of the day.

Markus Grompe, nice example of an artistic expression of an otherwise mundane scene, and it fits the theme of the week.

Steve Maz, I am not a fisheye person but this could be one of the best representatives of the art that I have seen. A very interesting image, nicely rendered!

Luxun54, nice stripe of a light from a rising or setting sun:

Carol Phipps, a biblical shot - the day the heavens and earth were created:

Walter Koenig, an awesome rendition of a shimmering scene. A very well crafted image:

Allen Hart, I like the sunslides. Altogether nicely fitting the theme of the week.

Jeff B., this image really captured my eye and is very different from the other image from Jeff this week (see below). The tonal range and crispness of the image are impressive, as is the subject.

Jola Dziubinska, a little like Markus' shot above, it wouldn't have caught everyone's eye, but it has nice contrast and fits the theme well.

Arnie Peterschmidt, impressive composition and striking sunlight. One of the few with white sunlight.

Gill Kopy, a beautiful shot taken at just the right moment. This could have been a winner too, the choices below are really arbitrary.

Marisa Livet, I love this street scene - let's call it fourth place today!

And the winners are...

Third place, Jeff B. I am sure this image it not to everyone's taste and I could be picky about the composition, but it required a good eye to see this and capture it, where the glasses at the table are refracting the sun's glow. I enjoyed this image a lot.

Second place, Markus Grompe, great eye capturing a view that most people may have walked past, but works so well with the theme.

First place, Peter Shultz. To me, the most impactful image with a lot of graphic impact. I could look at this for a long time. Congratulations Peter, it's your turn.

luxun54

Re: 588th Show & Tell Competition: Here Comes the Sun - WINNER

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:11 am

Thank you for the HM, it was light from a setting sun in Yosemite, streaking across Half-Dome.
What a great set of images, thank you Ken for an excellent theme, congrats to all the winner!

cjphipps_servo

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:15 am

Congratulations all. Thanks for the HM.

peterschmidtab

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:10 am

Congratulations to the winners, well deserved. Thanks Ken for the HM and for an outstanding theme.

allen_hart

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:00 am

Nice choice of category.

Congratulations to the winners!

mardoli

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:11 pm

Thank you for choosing me for the "fourth place"!
Many fantastic entries in this competition. My congratulations to everyone.
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

schultzy

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:38 pm

Congratulations to all !
Thank you Ken for this first place :-)
I will try to post a new challenge today....

gillk

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:38 pm

So many great entries - a nice topic. Congrats to the winners and thanks for HM :)
Gill

stevemaz

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:45 am

Thank you for the kind comment. Maybe get you interested in trying fisheye:)
Congratulations to the winner.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 588th Show & Tell Competition: Here Comes the Sun - WINNER