Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Shopping Cart

HTML and Style Sheets

Shopping Cart

Customize your galleries.
worldbuilder

Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:34 pm

Ah, I see.

I wasn't aware we were exclusively discussing adding SC options to a PBASE gallery. I was thinking about it on an independent scale.

Understood.

Chris

andrys

Re: I am new to all this stuff.

Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:45 am

arjunrc wrote:Thanks for the reference to jumbogiant : I did try them before. My personal opinion is that whcc produces the best color calibration amongst ofoto, jumbogiant, ezprints and whcc.

regds
arjun

I've used only Ofoto and thought they were incredible, better
than the expensive film custom printers I'd used before. So,
it's great to get your recommendation on whcc ! I'll definitely
try it.

When we print our own, the ink and paper costs are really
high, and I imagine the pro house results will last longer too.

Thanks,

arjunrc

Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:42 am

andrys wrote: I've used only Ofoto and thought they were incredible, better
than the expensive film custom printers I'd used before. So,
it's great to get your recommendation on whcc ! I'll definitely
try it.

Andrys, you will not be disappointed with whcc. Great folks to work with. Their color calibration of prints is superior to ofoto, imho. However, of late, I've been using ezprints - they have a convenient feature where they can ship directly to the customer. Last time I asked whcc, they did not have a well worked out plan for direct customer delivery.

regds
arjun

enchantmentstudios

Re: Formatting PayPal link code... help??

Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:12 pm

arjunrc wrote:
vincentvalle wrote:Not a silly question at all! I was just going to ask that! Does PayPal give you the html?

1. Yes, paypal has a "wizard" that automatically generates code for you to be able to add the 'Add to Cart' or 'Buy now' buttons to your website. As I mentioned before, its better (though not necessary) to know what you are doing. You could blindly insert what paypal generates, but then its also very easy to make mistakes if you are doing it in bulk for a lot of images.

2. You need to insert the HTML code into your own site. For example, if you were doing it in pbase, typically, you would insert the HTML code in the description of the image (In pbase, Edit Image -> and insert the HTML code in the caption box)

Hi... I'm working on the gallery pages for a friend of mine who has the "enchantment studios" site.

I'm trying to implement the Paypal code now and have been running into some trouble with the formatting when the code delivered by paypal is dumped into the "caption" area pertaining to the particular image. For some reason, it adds a whole bunch of extra space in the table cells and nothing I do seems to be rid of it-- I can get the table code just right when viewed in a typical web page with no extra code, but the same chunk dumped into the caption section gives me problems.

I'm thinking that I'll be forced into editing the stylesheets, but as I've got no CSS experience and I can't even figure out where the stylesheet is that pertains to a specific selected image (not the parent gallery) I'm a bit stuck at the moment... Any of you sharpies able to give me a hand for a moment? Here's the link to the page I'm working on:

http://www.pbase.com/enchantmentstudios/image/39993625

You should see the problem from that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... you can email me at:
idnworks@yahoo.com

-Thanx

Shawn

arjunrc

Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:18 pm

Shawn,
here is what you need to do - make all of that in one line. What paypal generates has line breaks - thats the problem. Paste the entire code into notepad and make it all one line with no breaks in between
regds
arjun

andrys

Post Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:21 pm

arjunrc wrote:
andrys wrote: I've used only Ofoto and thought they were incredible, better than the expensive film custom printers I'd used before. So,it's great to get your recommendation on whcc ! I'll definitely
try it.

Andrys, you will not be disappointed with whcc. Great folks to work with. Their color calibration of prints is superior to ofoto, imho. However, of late, I've been using ezprints - they have a convenient feature where they can ship directly to the customer. Last time I asked whcc, they did not have a well worked out plan for direct customer delivery.

regds
arjun

Okay, it's now July and I'm wondering if you're still using ezprints
instead of whcc.com because of the latter's convenient feature of
shipping directly to the customer.

I've had a few requests lately, and two of them are for photos
where the color of the photo print will be very important

http://www.pbase.com/andrys/image/37063965
http://www.pbase.com/andrys/image/37063968

Also, it looks like some exposure correction will be needed. I do
have the larger photos from which these were resized.

I guess ezprints.com must do a really good job or you wouldn't
be using them instead of whcc.com ? Do you sometimes use the
latter if a print result is very important?

Thanks for your advice!

arjunrc

Post Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:32 pm

Hi Andrys,
I still use ezprints - I have not yet received a complaint from anyone. The best way to do it would be to order a print from both places and compare for yourself.

regds
arjun

andrys

Post Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:35 pm

arjunrc wrote:Hi Andrys,
I still use ezprints - I have not yet received a complaint from anyone. The best way to do it would be to order a print from both places and compare for yourself.

regds
arjun

Thanks, Arjun, for the quick response!

I just finished reading whcc's site and I have a supreme
headache from it :-)

Since I use Paintshop rather than Adobe (though I have the latter's
7.01 on the HD but found it less intuitive), it's harder for me to match
what they need.

EZPrint looks very welcoming and I'll see about how I can
crop the originals etc.

THANKS!

- Andrys

bobchernow

Paypal Script to automatically grab Image Names

Post Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:22 am

After quite a bit of experimenting I have a method! This code needs to be put in the Description Field of the Gallery! Make sure HTML is turned on! Also, change the shopping cart email address to your own.

Updated 10/19/05 - Caution: watch for wrapped lines

Code: Select all
<!-- Photo Gallery Paypal Shopping Cart -->
<!-- Bob Chernow 10/19/05 -->
Prints of any image is available for purchase via Paypal or Email.<br>
See Size Pulldown for prices.<br>
Other sizes available but might require cropping of images.<br>
For Email Send requests to bobchernow@earthlink.net<br>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
var doneit = 0;
function fillItemName2()
{
    var newOpt;
    if (doneit == 0){
        // Only populate this once!
        doneit = 1;     
        document.getElementById("item_name").options.length = 0;
        for (var i=0; i<document.getElementsByTagName("td").length; i++){
            for (var j = 0; j < document.getElementsByTagName("td")[i].getElementsByTagName("font").length; j++){
                newOpt = document.createElement("option");
                newOpt.text = document.getElementsByTagName("td")[i].getElementsByTagName("font")[j].innerHTML;
                newOpt.value = document.getElementsByTagName("td")[i].getElementsByTagName("font")[j].innerHTML;
                document.buy.item_name.options.add(newOpt);
            }
        }
    }
}
function processSubmit(){
    var photoSize;
    photoSize = document.buy.amount.options[document.buy.amount.selectedIndex].text;
    document.buy.os1.value = photoSize;
}
</script>

<form name="buy" target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" onSubmit="processSubmit()">
<table>
<tr>
<td><b>Size</b><select name="amount">
<option value="3"> $3.00 for a  4 by  6
<option value="6"> $6.00 for a  6 by  9
<option value="9"> $9.00 for an 8 by 12
<option value="12">$12.00 for a 10 by 15
<option value="15">$15.00 for a 12 by 18
</select></td>
<td>
<input type="hidden" name="on0" value="Finish"><b>Finish</b></td>
<td>
<select name="os0">
<option value="Glossy">Glossy
<option value="Lustre">Lustre
</select>
</td>
<input type="hidden" name="on1" value="Size">
</td>
<td>
<input type="hidden" name="os1" value="Default">
</td>
<td><b>Select a Photo</B>
<select name="item_name" id="item_name" onClick="fillItemName2()">
<option Value="">--Click to Fill with Names--
</select>
</td>
<td><input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but22.gif" border="0" name="submit" onClick="test" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
</td>
<input type="hidden" name="add" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="bobchernow@earthlink.net">
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="2">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="hidden" name="bn" value="PP-ShopCartBF">
</form>

<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart"><input type="hidden" name="business" value="bobchernow@earthlink.net">
<td>
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/view_cart_02.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
</td>
<input type="hidden" name="display" value="1">
</form>
</tr>
</table>
<br>

I offer this code for public usage.

Bob Chernow

alex53

Post Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:05 pm

I have set up this paypal solution on my pbase gallery, but its not a great solution because the users must become paypal members.

Paypal claims they dont have to, its supposed to be a new option for business and premier accounts. But then they do, maybe because that feature is 'only available to off-market', not sure what that means.

Anyway, the trouble is most of my clients come from Gibraltar, and Paypal doesnt officially work in Gibraltar, they have to have postal addresses and bank accounts outside Gibraltar to be able to use it, so I was depending on them not having to create a paypal account.

Aside from the issue above, I am intrigued by worldbuilder's post. What kind of account must one open with VISA, etc to receive payments from VISA users on your site? Or do you just need the right software and a bank account? I'd really like to find out about this and hopefully the overheads arent too many.

talltree

Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:57 pm

I'm having problems on mine...I wnat to add different size options with prices can anyonw help..

Tried puuting differnt codes underneath each one but makes the line gaps huge...?

HELP..

pshawphoto

Re: Shopping Cart

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:04 am

Have any of you taken a look at http://www.buythisimage.com? It is a photo processing, printing, delivery service. You sign up (it is free), you post a code they give you in the caption part of each of your large images on Pbase, and people can click on the "Buythisimage" icon that appears beneath the image. That takes them to a page where they can order various sizes of the image at prices you determine in advance. The company notifies you to upload a high-res copy of the ordered image, collects the customer's payment, and ships the ordered item. You get a what the customer pays less printing costs and an 18% transaction fee. See: http://www.buythisimage.com/BuyPhoto/faq#pricing. I have not tried this out yet. BTW the various codes they give you can be used for images in other websites and blogs (e.g. Flicker and jAlbum generated galleries). It does not seem to work in conjunction with Lightroom or Adobe Bridge CS4 generated web galleries.

Previous

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Shopping Cart