Board index PBase Show and Tell New Photoshop Gallery (some Nudity)

Show and Tell

New Photoshop Gallery (some Nudity)

Announce and discuss your photos.
neovolatile

New Photoshop Gallery (some Nudity)

Post Thu May 19, 2005 5:06 am

Hello,

This is a gallery of my work. It has a little bit of suggested nudity in it. Please, if such offends you, do not look. It is not blatant, nor does it attempt to shock. Rather it is my attempt to show the general beauty of curves and lines.

http://www.pbase.com/neovolatile/photoshop

I would appreciate you stopping by, looking, commenting, and perhaps voting for the gallery or at least a favorite picture. If you do photoshop work, I would be more than happy to look at your work, too. Leave me a note. Let us learn from each other.

Dancing with the light,
Ellsworth Weaver

malewis

Post Thu May 19, 2005 4:21 pm

Perhaps for a mathematical or geometrical mind, your curves are more meaningful. They are pleasing, but I'm finding that my metaphorical thought processes enjoy the more realistic views better. Rising is especially moving, among the newer pictures, perhaps because I can tell myself a story about it or see it as a symbol of a pschological reality.

neovolatile

Realism?

Post Thu May 19, 2005 4:47 pm

I suppose that realism has its place here, but what more can one show in a photograph that has not already been photographed to death? My goal, and I am not saying I have achieved it, is to take the particular and generalize it.

I love women. I love looking at them. I think their beauty transcends any picture I can possibly put up. Just the way I have had my wetware programmed. No offense to the guys out there. Maybe I will move on to find beauty in guys soon. Don't know. Anyway, even the smallest curve of a lady has a fascination to me that sets my heart thumping, my mind soaring.

My work has been called "stupid Photoshop tricks." I hope that it is more than that. I spend hours adjusting layers, discarding, redoing things. Sometimes it works. You tell me.

I have recently joined Digital Nuts. I think they may be my new family. I hope so.

Anyway, please, stop by and comment, vote, or whatever.

Thanks,
Ellsworth (who teaches math, nuclear science, and tech writing - guilty as charged *G*)

cdrebel

no offense mate but

Post Thu May 19, 2005 7:21 pm

you sure that some of these aren't just because you can't get them in focus? seems like if they were good pics and all you wouldnt need to fuzz them all up. just my opinion.

arn

Post Thu May 19, 2005 10:51 pm

Very nice colors in your pics. I agree about the fuzzing with the previous poster. Also, I don't think there's so much nudity that anyone needs to be warned (partially because of the fuzz factor).

neovolatile

To Fuzz or Not to Fuzz

Post Fri May 20, 2005 4:00 am

Okay, some of these are pushing the limits of resolution, I will admit. However, I think that maybe it will stop some of the debate if I post an original and its Photoshopped counterpart side-by-side. Will that do? How about Rising?

BTW, Digital Nuts has a thing called Nutcracker wherein we take rather mundane photos and morph them. You might find that as proof that these photographs are okay to begin with.

One very good reason (besides the generalizing to form) that I take these photos to a more painterly fashion is that my models live in this small community. With the Neocon army rising in the US we are under intense scrutiny. I do not wish to embarass or subject my models to harassment. Does that make sense?

More later. Please stop by the gallery. More going up all the time.

Dancing with the light,
Ellsworth

digitalnuts

Let's Not Get Digital Nuts Involved Here!

Post Fri May 20, 2005 8:46 pm

Not all Digital Nuts are into nudity and poorly focused photographs. Some of us a very respectable graphic artists in our own right. This person just joined us. We are waiting to see what he can do. We do not endorse him or his style.

Thanks!

neovolatile

Just found out the difference between Art and Photography

Post Fri May 20, 2005 10:09 pm

From "Harvey" (1950)

Veta Louise Simmons: I took a course in art last winter. I learnt the difference between a fine oil painting, and a mechanical thing, like a photograph. The photograph shows only the reality. The painting shows not only the reality, but the dream behind it. It's our dreams, doctor, that carry us on. They separate us from the beasts. I wouldn't want to go on living if I thought it was all just eating, and sleeping, and taking my clothes off, I mean putting them on...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I just posted this over at DigitalNuts, too. so there. Anyway, this may be why I am doing the Photoshop Filtration along with asking beautiful ladies to take their clothes off. I want to show the dream behind the reality. Certainly I want to create dreams better than the ones I have been having when I close my eyes. Believe me folks, even the horrors of Viet Nam gets tedious when that is ALL you dream about.

Dancing with the Light,
Ellsworth
Ars Neovolatile

Board index PBase Show and Tell New Photoshop Gallery (some Nudity)